We’ve decided to celebrate one of our favorite creatures this month – the family cat! Recent surveys have shown that although cats outnumber dogs as family pets, they are much less likely to visit the vet in a timely manner. Preventative care and routine wellness exams are extremely important, especially for cats, because kitties are more likely to hide illness and may be very ill by the time owners notice there is a problem. As a vet, this makes me terribly sad because the sooner I can diagnose an illness in an animal, the more likely there can be a positive outcome. To encourage our cat patients to come in for a visit, we will be featuring the following this month:
- Like us on Facebook to follow the celebration with tips on keeping your cat happy and healthy
- SAVE 20% on feline wellness exams
- SAVE 20% on vaccinations for upper respiratory disease and FeLV
- SAVE 10% on screening labwork such as FIV/FeLV tests and geriatric panels
- Updates to the website to include
- Tips for Getting Your Cat to the Veterinarian
- Virtual tour of our clinic, highlighting what we do to be more “cat friendly”
- What to watch for in Your Geriatric Cat
- Basic Preventative Care for Kitties
- Pros and Cons of Declawing and alternatives
- Area Shelters with adoptable cats
- AND MUCH MORE so check back frequently!!
I look forward to seeing many of my favorite feline friends this month as well as meeting some new ones!